“Guiding Light” is a simple ritual using a candle, salt, and water to help guide a wayward spirit towards the light and cross over to the other side.
- White candle
- Small bowl of water
- Sage or other cleansing herb (optional)
- Bell or chime (optional)
- Begin by finding a quiet, calm space in your home where you can perform the ritual undisturbed.
- Light the white candle and place it in front of you.
- Sprinkle a small amount of salt around the candle, creating a circle.
- Take the bowl of water and hold it up to your heart. Close your eyes and take a deep breath.
- Visualize the energy of the spirit you wish to help moving towards the circle of salt and candle.
- Say the following words aloud: “I call upon the power of the universe to aid me in helping this wayward spirit find its way home. May the light of this candle guide its path, and may the salt and water purify and cleanse its energy.”
- If you have sage or another cleansing herb, light it and let the smoke fill the space. Alternatively, you can ring a bell or chime to help clear any negative energy.
- Place the bowl of water inside the circle, next to the candle. Imagine the water absorbing any negative energy and transforming it into positive, healing energy.
- Hold your hands over the water and say the following words:
“May this water be blessed with the power to heal and purify. May it cleanse this wayward spirit and guide it towards the light.”
- Take a few deep breaths and visualize the spirit moving towards the light and crossing over to the other side.
- When you feel ready, extinguish the candle and remove the circle of salt.
- Thank the universe for its assistance in helping the spirit find its way home.
- The ritual is now complete.