Spell to help you release yourself from a past relationship and encourage you to move on.
- A white candle
- A piece of paper and a pen
- A small bottle of lavender or rosemary essential oil
- A photograph or object that represents the past relationship (optional)
- Find a quiet, comfortable space where you can perform the ritual undisturbed.
- Light the white candle.
- Hold your hands over the candle flame and take a few deep breaths, centering your mind and body.
- Anoint the candle with lavender or rosemary oil, saying:
Soothing lavender (or rosemary) oil, Ease my mind and heal my soul, Release the pain of the past, And help me find peace at last.
- If you have a photograph or object that represents the past relationship, hold it in your hands and say:
I release you with love and gratitude, Our time together served its purpose, But now it is time to move on, And let go of what no longer serves.
- Write down any lingering feelings, regrets or attachments that you still hold towards the past relationship on a piece of paper. As you write, allow yourself to feel the emotions that come up, but also remind yourself that it is time to release them.
- Fold the paper and hold it over the candle flame, saying:
With this flame, I release and let go, Of all that is holding me back, May the fire of transformation and healing, Cleanse and purify my heart and soul.
- Watch the paper burn completely, and visualize the smoke carrying away any negative energy or attachments that you are releasing.
- Take a few deep breaths, and thank the universe for the lessons learned and the opportunities for growth.
- Whenever you feel stuck or tempted to dwell on the past, come back to this ritual and remind yourself of the power of release and the freedom it brings.
- Your ritual is complete.